Friday, August 30, 2013
Brantley Lakes State Park
So today i arrived in Carlsbad New Mexico. I am staying at Brantley Lakes State Park. Another nice state park. I have a great spot overlooking a lake, presumably, Brantley Lake. LOL. It has a huge area with a covered picnic table and a private wall to give you privacy. They know me so well...... What? Post a pic below.
It was only and hour and a half drive, so a lot less stressful. Though the GPS lady will get punched in the throat when i meet her. That was not a road, it was a land mine. Ugh. I set up camp, hit the shower, then headed into "town" to get food. Not much for food but fast food. I opted for pizza, been a while. I headed back and got some supplies from Lowe's then i spotted the Living Desert Zoo and State Garden, http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/SPD/livingdesertstatepark.html. Only 5 buck and worth it. I was having fun till a huge wasp decided he had had enough of me and sank his stinger into me. First time i have been stung since i was maybe 12. Of course i was way out on the trail and no one had a cigarette (the nicotine in the tobacco mixed with your saliva will numb it and help the stinger come out). Oh well, that i why i now have beer. I also stopped for a salmon fillet for dinner at the park.
Take care everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my your just hurting self. You be careful that's the second injury...
ReplyDelete